The Family Business is an energy-laden, explosive mix of passion and potential – but it can also create complex problems. When it’s well-focussed, the “Family Force” achieves wonderful things – but when it loses direction and turns on itself it can culminate in conflict and division. Sadly, it can even destroy families and businesses.
Family owned and operated businesses have a unique set of opportunities and challenges. Be sure you take advantage of the former and master the latter!
We coach family business owners and managers individually and in groups. We also offer ongoing strategy sessions for key employees and staff.
The following themes often emerge in our coaching with family businesses:
- Managing change
- Letting go
- Communication in the workplace
- Working successfully with your family in the business
- Understanding the difference between family issues, business ownership issues and the Directors’ problems of running the business
- Succession planning
- Business decisions about new products, new partnerships or associates
- Over-stressed owners juggling office and home-life concerns
- Owners with a Big Issue, some situation or problem that is messing up their life
We work with our clients to ensure they:
- Set and achieve higher quality goals
- Eliminate rather than tolerate negatives
- Achieve a balanced life
- Make better decisions in their personal and professional lives
- Maintain good physical and emotional health